Innovative, High-Performance, Antenna & RF Technologies
Enabling Your Advanced Communication and Radar Systems
For over 20 years AOE has been providing creative antenna and RF product technologies for advanced communication and radar applications. Our founders, Dr. Eric W. Lucas and Mr. Robert G. Schmier, created the company in 1998. Before forming the company, both Dr. Lucas and Mr. Schmier worked for 13 years at the Westinghouse/Northrop Grumman Corporation in the Low Observable Advanced Technology Aperture Group. Both have over 25 years of experience and are experts at applying electromagnetic (EM) analysis tools and techniques to provide leading edge designs. Armed with these tools and years of experience, AOE provides:
- System-level engineering to ensure our products meet your system requirements.
- High performance active phased array antennas as a core strength.
- Ultra-wideband, wide-scanning, polarization-diverse printed antenna technologies.
- Leading-edge EM simulation tools with proven, highly accurate physics based modeling.
- Robust and flexible designs with quick prototyping and full testing capability.
AOE’s proprietary technologies and tools that can be employed to meet and exceed your system-level requirements include:
- Ground, Sea, Air and Space-Based active array antennas for diverse communication, radar, SIGINT, ELINT, COMINT, etc. applications
- Highly efficient T/R Cells for active arrays
- 90% efficient RF power amplifiers
- Broadband, polarization-diverse patch, and metamaterial inspired antennas and arrays
- Ultra-wideband, wide-scanning Vivaldi/notch arrays
- Low observable technologies
- Tunable & Broadband antenna technologies
- Body worn antennas
- Miniaturized, covert and specialized applications
- RF component and antenna testing
When evaluating your RF or antenna technology needs, engage AOE from the beginning to ensure your system requirements are not only met, but exceeded. We will provide you with innovative, high-performance antenna and RF Solutions.
Our team at AOE, led by Dr. Eric W. Lucas and Mr. Robert G. Schmier, has decades of experience, designing, testing, and producing innovative RF and antenna technologies, intended for a variety of uses. In the past our technologies have been used on high profile projects such as the Lockheed F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightening II. Today they can be found in a diverse collection of radar, communication, SIGINT and direction-finding applications.
Commercial, DoD & Military Customers Include:
- Army, Navy & the Air Force
- National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Ball Aerospace
- Other Small & Classified Organizations